9th June 2015
If you have decided to make a compensation claim following a personal injury then you may be wondering where to…
If you have been in an accident in a hotel and have suffered a personal injury, you can make a claim for compensation. You can still make a claim if the accident took place overseas, as well as if it occurred in the UK.
Hotels have a duty of care towards their customers and must take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that nobody suffers a personal injury as a result of their negligence. When they fail in this regard, people can claim for a range of losses, including:
– The pain and suffering caused by the personal injury
– Disruption to their travel plans, including missed flights, rearranged flights and alternative accommodation
– Medical expenses, treatment and care costs
– Other losses, including travel costs and lost wages
Making a hotel accident compensation claim against foreign businesses can be more confusing than other personal injury claims. Different countries have different legal systems and navigating through these can be a complicated and difficult affair. You will need the expert help of experienced personal injury solicitors who have handled cases like yours if you are to succeed in your compensation claim.
You will also have a better chance of success if you collect evidence to support your case. This could be any of the following:
– Evidence of any losses, such as travel receipts
– Evidence of any missed wages
– Evidence of the failings that led to your personal injury, such as photographs of the area the incident occurred
– Medical reports detailing the extent of your personal injuries and your long-term prognosis
Clearwater Solicitors have handled dozens of hotel accident compensation claims just like yours and can help you receive all the money you deserve for your personal injuries. Speak to us today by calling 08000 430 430 or filling in our online enquiry form.