s The Most Experienced Personal Injury & Family Law Firm UK logo

Simply clear and straight forward advice from our team of industry experts

Call Clearwater Solicitors today to start your case

Claim compensation for slipping on a spilled drink in a restaurant

Get In Touch Today

Question: I slipped on a spilled drink in a restaurant and sustained a back injury – can I make a compensation claim?

Answer: You should be able to make a compensation claim for slipping on a spillage in a restaurant – speak with Clearwater Solicitors about the details of the accident for more information.

Restaurant compensation claims can occur when a restaurant fails to take all reasonably practicable steps to prevent accidents from happening in its premises, and someone suffers an injury as a result of this negligence. If a member of staff or customer spills a drink and the spillage is not promptly cleaned up, this can result in slippery and hazardous flooring, which can easily lead to a slip in a restaurant. After you’ve slipped in the restaurant and injured yourself, the company may offer you a small sum of money, a free meal or a voucher, but you should speak to personal injury solicitors before you accept this. You should also ask staff at the restaurant to make a note of the accident in the accident book, and ask for a copy of this report, as doing so will support your compensation claim.

If possible, you should also take photographs of the spilled drink you slipped on and the area you fell, and take down the name and telephone number of anyone who witnessed the accident. You may receive first aid at the scene, but you should still go to the GP or the hospital to have your injuries assessed and recorded in your medical record. This will also ensure that you recover as quickly as possible and prove that you were injured the way you said you were.

Then, get in touch with Clearwater Solicitors as soon as possible. Although there is a three-year statute of limitations for restaurant slips and trips compensation claims and other personal injury claims, it is best to get the ball rolling as quickly as you can. Speak with an expert today by calling 08000 430 430 or filling in our online enquiry form

Our Latest News