9th June 2015
If you have decided to make a compensation claim following a personal injury then you may be wondering where to…
Miss P was a passenger in a car driven by her father. The defendant failed to observe the road ahead and collided with the rear of our client’s car. After searching for personal injury solicitors in Bolton Miss P’s father contacted Clearwater Solicitors to represent Miss P.
The case was transferred to our specialist personal injury solicitors where Miss Kiran was assigned the case.
– Miss Kiran arranged for our client to be examined by a specialist medical expert.
– Once the client’s litigation friend approved the report we sent it to the third party insurers for offers.
– The Defendant’s insurers made offers of settlement in the sum of £2000.00. As our client was a child we requested advice from Counsel to confirm if the offer was reasonable.
– Counsel confirmed the offer of £2000.00 was within a band of reasonable offers and recommended the offer was accepted.
– We sent the advice to the litigation friend for our client who was happy to accept the offer.
As our client was a minor the money had to be invested for her until she reached the age of 18. Therefore, we issued Part 8 proceeding to enable the Court to assess the offer made by the third party insurers and judge whether it is a reasonable. The judge will then approve the offer and the settlement will be held in the court office till the child is 18.
This case was straightforward and all parties responded promptly meaning our client’s car accident claim was settled quickly and smoothly. Although the process may seem like it was very complex, the reason behind this is because the child is a minor more precautions need to be taken. Here at Clearwater Solicitors we pride ourselves on our thorough work in which we avoid delay and complications.
Our clients parents were happy with the outcome and were very satisfied the service we provided them with.
Clearwater Solicitors is experienced in handling car accident claims. If you think you have a case or require further information contact Clearwater on 08000 430 430 or fill in the online call back request.