Claim For Slipping And Tripping In A Supermarket
There are many slip and trip hazards in the supermarket. Customers can knock food off the shelves, leaving slippery areas in the aisles. Cleaners can fail to warn customers about wet flooring, resulting in dangerous damp patches customers are unaware of. As a result, the majority of personal injuries sustained in retailers are caused by slips and trips.
Supermarkets have a duty of care towards their customers and must take all reasonably practicable steps to prevent people suffering a personal injury. When supermarkets fail to do so, injured customers can claim compensation against them. Supermarkets of all sizes – from Tesco and Asda to independent local stores – must take out public liability insurance to protect them in the event of a customer suffering a personal injury due to their negligence, so you do not have to worry about claiming compensation against your local retailer.
There are a few things you can do to increase your likelihood of winning in a compensation case against a supermarket, and to increase the size of your compensation claim:
- Receive medical attention for your personal injuries
- Collect evidence that shows the failings of the supermarket, such as the wet patch you slipped over and the presence of any warning signs
- Collect the contact details of anyone who witnessed the accident
- Keep a record of your losses, such as any lost wages or medical expenses you faced
- Report the accident to the supermarket
- Contact Clearwater Solicitors to start your claim
Using the services of our legal experts will give you the best possible chance of success in your compensation claim against a supermarket, and can ensure you receive every penny that you deserve for your personal injuries. Get started with your claim today by calling us on 08000 430 430, or fill in our online enquiry form to request a call back.
Collect evidence to support your claim. This could be the names and contact numbers of witnesses, or photographs of the area the accident occurred.
- Record any losses or expenses you faced, such as lost wages and any healthcare costs
- Don’t settle with the supermarket before speaking with Clearwater Solicitors
We can help you succeed in your compensation claim and receive all the money you deserve for your slip or trip in a supermarket. To start your Claim for slipping and tripping in a supermarket, just call us on 08000 430 430 or fill in our online enquiry form to request a call back.