s The Most Experienced Personal Injury & Family Law Firm UK logo

Simply clear and straight forward advice from our team of industry experts

Call Clearwater Solicitors today to start your case

Highway Injuries

Get In Touch Today

If you’ve suffered from a trip or slip on a public highway, you can make a compensation claim against the local authority or whoever is responsible for the maintenance of the building or stretch of road. This means that if you have suffered a personal injury while walking on the pavement, tripping over a pothole or while inside a public building, if this was caused by the negligent actions of another party, you can receive accident compensation for the damages you suffered.

Highways authorities and property owners have a duty to ensure the safety of members of the public, such as by ensuring pathways are safe to walk down and are adequately lit, that there are no obstructions and that the area is properly maintained. When they have behaved in a negligent fashion that has resulted in a visitor or pedestrian being injured, they leave themselves liable for paying out after highway accident compensation claims.

It can be useful for claimants to have evidence to support their case, so photographs of the defect that was responsible for the injury, witness statements and healthcare receipts can support your claim for personal injury compensation if it comes to court. Clearwater Solicitors will advise you of what you need to bring depending on the unique circumstances of your slip or trip.

Contact our slip, trip or fall accident solicitors to receive compensation for your injury! Call 08000 430 430 to speak to Clearwater Solicitors.



Our Latest News