s Clearwater Solicitors | The Most Experienced Personal Injury Firm logo

Simply clear and straight forward advice from our team of industry experts

Call Clearwater Solicitors today to start your case

Claim compensation for allergic reaction to hair dye

Get In Touch Today

Question: I was in the hairdressers having my hair dyed when I began to suffer an allergic reaction. I went into anaphylactic shock and required emergency medical treatment. Do I have the right to claim compensation?

Answer : It sounds like the hairdresser was negligent in its duty of care towards you and that you suffered an injury as a direct result of this negligence, so you should be able to make a compensation claim. Speak to Clearwater Solicitors for more information. Just dial 08000 430 430 or fill in our online enquiry form to get started.

Allergic reactions to hair dye are not uncommon, and hairdressers should be aware of this danger and know how to prevent them from occurring. One of the most common ways to do so is to complete a ‘patch test’ by testing the dye on a small patch of hair and looking for any adverse reactions. You can visit an allergy (dermatology) clinic to have a formal patch test; the clinic will look at a variety of chemicals and tell you which ones you should not use.

If the hairdresser fails to check whether or not you are allergic to the chemicals in the hair dye, then it will have failed to adhere to its duty of care towards its customers and should be liable in hair dye allergic reaction compensation claims.

As you went to the hospital following your allergic reaction, you will have had your injuries recorded in your medical record, and you can use these records to support your claim. You should follow all the treatment advice given to you by your doctor, as if you fail to do so, it could be claimed that you failed to mitigate damages and your compensation claim will be deducted accordingly.

If you have not done so, you should tell staff at the hairdressers about your accident and ensure they report the incident in their accident book. Ask for a copy of this report and show it to your personal injury solicitor.

Speak to Clearwater Solicitors today to get started in your compensation claim. Simply call us on 08000 430 430 to speak with an expert, or fill in our online enquiry form and we will call you back as soon as possible.

Our Latest News