s The Most Experienced Personal Injury & Family Law Firm UK logo

Simply clear and straight forward advice from our team of industry experts

Call Clearwater Solicitors today to start your case

Rape Victims

Get In Touch Today

If you have been the victim of rape or a serious sexual assault, you may be seriously distressed and upset. While it can be difficult to know what to do following a rape, you should report the crime to the police immediately, who will treat you in a compassionate, discreet and respectful manner.

Every day, an estimated 200 people are raped in the UK, but the police only receive reports of around 20% of these. There are also around 200,000 sexual assaults reported every year, and nearly 50,000 reports of attempted rape or rape.

If you report the crime, you will be eligible to make a claim for criminal injuries compensation, regardless of whether or not the police have arrested or charged someone in connection with your case. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) sets its compensation awards for rape at a minimum of approximately £7,500, with higher compensation claims possible depending on the circumstances of the crime.

CICA was set up to provide compensation to people in England, Scotland and Wales who were the victim of violent crimes, and has a range of tiered payouts depending on the physical injuries and emotional damages sustained by the victims.

Our solicitors in Manchester can provide you with discreet and helpful legal advice and representation if you have been the victim of rape and will deal with your case on a no-win no-fee basis.  Contact us on 08000 430 430 to start your criminal injuries compensation claim!




Our Latest News