20th March 2020
The worldwide spread of the Coronavirus has resulted in emergency measures and Government guidance about restricting physical contact with other…
If you have been in a slip or trip at the gym or leisure centre, you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim. These businesses have a duty of care towards their customers and are required to take out public liability insurance in case a member of the public injures themselves on their premises
The risk of a slip or trip is heightened when people are at the gym.
– Football pitches, squash courts, tennis courts and other sports facilities see people running around at high speed, and uneven floors can easily lead to a foreseeable personal injury.
– Swimming pools can have wet areas with no warning signs, and might not have a qualified lifeguard present if an accident occurs.
– Gyms can have sweaty, slippery pieces of equipment, or even carpeting, and a fall into gym equipment can cause serious personal injuries.
– People can slip on treadmills and other gym equipment if they have not been given adequate instruction about safe use of the machinery
If you have been in a slip or trip at the gym or leisure centre:
– Inform the business and ensure that the accident is recorded
– Visit a doctor and have your injuries assessed and treated
– If possible, record any evidence of the failings that led to the accident, such as photographs of the area it occurred and where you slipped.
– If possible, record the details of any witnesses to the accident
– Keep a record of any expenses you face as a result of your injury
– Speak to the personal injury solicitors at Clearwater Solicitors
Clearwater Solicitors can help you recover compensation for your pain and suffering and any financial losses you faced as a result of your slip or trip at the gym. Call us on 08000 430 430 or fill in our online enquiry form to find out what we can do for you.