s The Most Experienced Personal Injury & Family Law Firm UK logo

Simply clear and straight forward advice from our team of industry experts

Call Clearwater Solicitors today to start your case

Claiming compensation for slipping in a pub

Get In Touch Today

Question: I was in the pub when I slipped on a spilled beer and injured myself badly. Can I make a compensation claim?

Answer: You should be able to make a compensation claim if you were injured slipping in a pub – call Clearwater Solicitors on 08000 430 430 or fill in our online enquiry form for more information.

All pubs, whether big or small, must take all reasonably practicable steps to prevent accidents from occurring on their premises. Pubs are not only liable for their own failings, but also the negligence of their staff members, so when drinks are spilled, they should be cleaned up as soon as is reasonably practicable and in such a way as to ensure they do not pose a risk to the public. When pubs fail to do this, they can be liable in personal injury claims. Pubs must have public liability insurance to cover them in the event of an avoidable accident, and your compensation claim will be handled by these insurers.

You will want to gather evidence to support your claim, as this will give you the best possible chance of success. All pubs should have an accident book, so you should report the accident to staff and ensure they record your statement in this book. Ask for a copy of the report and hand this to Clearwater Solicitors. You can also support your claim by photographing the scene of the accident and taking down the names and phone numbers of any witnesses. You should also go to the hospital or the doctor to have your injuries assessed and recorded, even if you are given first aid at the scene, as you will need to be able to demonstrate that you suffered injuries in the accident. Keep a record of any financial losses you incurred, as well, as you can recover these losses in your compensation claim.

Contact Clearwater Solicitors today to start claiming compensation for slipping on a drink in a pub. Just dial 08000 430 430 or put a few key details into our online enquiry form today to get started.

Our Latest News