s The Most Experienced Personal Injury & Family Law Firm UK logo

Simply clear and straight forward advice from our team of industry experts

Call Clearwater Solicitors today to start your case

Claim compensation for being burnt by food in a restaurant

Get In Touch Today

Question: I was eating in Nando’s when a waitress tripped over and spilled hot soup over me. Can I claim compensation?

Answer: You may be able to make a restaurant accident compensation claim after being burnt by food in Nando’s, although you will have to have sustained injuries in the accident and the accident must have been caused by the restaurant negligence. You should speak to personal injury solicitors as soon as possible, so a professional can assess your claim and determine how best to proceed.

If your solicitors can prove that the company acted in a negligent way, then you will be able to make a compensation claim. All restaurants have a duty of care towards their staff and customers, and if they fail in this duty of care, they can be liable to pay compensation. Your restaurant burn injury compensation claim will be handled by Nando’s insurers, which may offer you a small unsolicited settlement. You should not accept this money until you have spoken to Clearwater Solicitors, as the overall value of your claim could be considerably more than this initial offer.

It is a good idea to report the accident to Nando’s and ensure that staff record it in the accident book, and to ask for a copy of this report. Take a photograph of the scene of the accident and the spilled food, and take down the names and numbers of any witnesses, as this could support your claim. Then visit a doctor or go to hospital to have your burn injuries assessed and recorded in your medical records. Keep hold of any documentation that relates to your financial losses, as you will be able to recover these if you win in your restaurant burn accident claim.

You should speak with Clearwater Solicitors as soon as possible, as this will enable our claims handlers to find evidence to support your claim and ensure your claim is filed within the three-year statute of limitations. Call us on 08000 430 430 or fill in our online enquiry form to get started.

Our Latest News