d f

Working In The UK

Non-European migrants that wishing to immigrate to the UK for work have a number of different choices to make, depending on their skills and requirements. While some people who wish to visit the UK on short-term business can receive a visitors’ permit, other people’s applications may come under one of several categories.

–          Skilled workers

If you have an employer who is willing to sponsor you and has offered you skilled employment in the UK, you can apply to either come to or remain in the country for this job.

–         High-value migrants

People with exceptional talents, entrepreneurs and investors do not necessarily need a job offer if they wish to become a UK national, although they will have to take a points-based assessment.

-         Temporary workers

Residents of countries that are part of the youth mobility scheme or people with a UK employer that will sponsor them may also be eligible to apply to come to the UK to work for a short period of time.

-         Commonwealth Citizens

Citizens with a grandparent that was born in the UK, as well as workers and businesspeople from Turkey, can also apply for UK employment.

There are also other working visa categories, including those for people who are an overseas firm’s sole representative, personnel in broadcasting agencies or news organisations, as well as those for domestic workers.

Our immigration solicitors in Lancashire are well-placed to help you succeed in your visa application, allowing you to work in the UK. Just contact us on 08000 430 430 to find out what we could do for you.