Mr I S Khan is awarded compensation following a road traffic accident
Mr Khan was travelling to his friend’s house. He had set off from his home address and was driving along Forrest Road. Mr Khan approached a zebra crossing. The vehicle in front of him slowed his vehicle down and came to a stop as there was a pedestrian crossing the road. Mr Khan also slowed down and came to a gradual stop. The defendant was behind Mr Khan and he was speeding.He failed to observe that the vehicles in front had stopped due to the pedestrian crossing and collided into the rear of our client’s vehicle.
The Defendant’s Position
Mr Khan and the defendant both exited their vehicles and exchanged details. Mr Khan called the police to report the accident and he was informed that because there were no serious injuries they should exchange details and report the road traffic accident to their insurers. Mr Khan and the defendant both left the scene in their vehicles.
How Clearwater Solicitors resolved the case
The claim was accepted by Clearwater Solicitors and the case was allocated to Miss Kiran on the portal team to pursue a road traffic accident claim.
– Mr Khan also asked if Miss Kiran could recover his vehicle damage costs as he could not afford to get it repaired.
– The third party had already advised an engineer to inspect the vehicle. This made it slightly more complicated because Mr Khan would have to use the engineer’s report that the third party instructed. Another report could not be done by an engineer that Miss Kiran appointed as there was a risk that the Defendant would not pay the increase in value and would not pay the cost of the report.
– Miss Kiran received the third party engineer’s report and Mr Khan’s vehicle was deemed a category C total loss. This was because the damage to the vehicle would cost more to repair than the market value of it before the accident. The engineer valued Mr Khan’s vehicle at £1400.
– Miss Kiran wrote to Mr Khan and explained the options and the valuation placed on the vehicle. Our client decided he was happy to accept the valuation of £1400.00.
– Mr Khan was sent for a medical appointment and the expert said that he suffered from severe pain, stiffness and discomfort in the neck and lower back.
– The medical report was submitted to the third party and they were given 21 days to respond.
– The third party responded to the medical report and made an offer for the sum of £2620.
This was a generous offer and Mr Khan decided to accept.
How can Clearwater Solicitors help you
Clearwater Solicitors are experienced personal injury solicitorsin handlingcar accident claims.If you think you have a case or require further information contact Clearwater on 08000 430 430 or fill in the online call back request.